Herd Tester Opportunity
- Casual position
- No experience required
Hico Korumburra has a casual opportunity for an enthusiastic, self-motivated individual who has experience in the dairy industry, or looking for an opportunity to start their career in Herd Improvement. The successful applicant will be fully trained in all aspects of the role before undertaking the role independently. Herd Testing is a highly valued service by our customers, as the data captured as part of a herd test, provides each customer with vital information about their herd and helps them make informed decisions about what to do with their herd. So what does a Herd Tester do?
- Engage with your allocated customers, ensuring that you are providing efficient and effective service delivery;
- Pack herd testing equipment into the Hico vehicle and travel to allocated customers;
- Work with our customers and their team to prepare cows to undertake the testing;
- Collect samples and return samples to the lab for analysing;
- Complete paperwork/input into computer system;
- Engage with the broader Hico team on a day to day basis.
What do you need to be a Herd Tester?
- Strong communication skills/able to engage with customers and your team;
- A passion for the dairy industry;
- Team player;
- Willing to learn;
- Takes pride in the work you do.
If you are interested to apply for this position or to find out more, please contact Leesa Wade – Korumburra Branch Manager on 0419 548 411.