Current Available Positions
Hico requires the services of a Weigh station operator to join the team based in Korumburra, Victoria.
In this role you will work in a team environment primarily weighing and sub sampling milk samples in preparation for them to be processed through a milk sample analysis machine.
Expressions of Interest
Hico is looking for expressions of interest for the role of Sampling Officer for all our offices. This is an ongoing search, if you are interested in working in the dairy industry, please read the description and send your resume through at any time to the email address below.
What you do
In this role the Sampling Officer plays a critical part in the herd test department within Hico. While being at the forefront of the organisation, the sampling officer role conducts herd testing on farms using Electronic Milk Meters and data handlers during milking times. You will work closely with other departments in the company, including the laboratory staff.
Skills and Experience:
- Good interpersonal skills
- Experience in customer service ‘people skills’
- Knowledge of the dairy industry
- Strong computer skills
- Excellent record keeping
- Good numeracy skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Full Australian drivers licence.
- Experience driving manual cars.
- Availability to work split shifts from time to time.
Role and Responsibilities include:
- Setup Electronic Milk Meters in dairy
- Conduct sampling procedure during milking.
- Organise timetables in conjunction with the Herd Testing Supervisor
- Deliver & pick up herd testing equipment to farms.
- Obtain herd data from clients and provide to data processors.
- Cleaning of equipment upon completion of each test including maintenance of equipment and regular meter testings.
- Attending training programs and meetings as required.
The successful applicant will need to be able to work Monday to Friday with variable starting and finishing times. You will sometimes be required to work split shifts.
Your application must contain the following:
- A Cover Letter detailing why you think this is the perfect job for you.
- Your Resume detailing your full work history and qualifications and three referees.