Benefits of Herd Recording with HICO
“You cannot manage what you cannot measure. Herd Recording allows you to measure…”
- Allows you to set and monitor individual targets for your herd.
- Better management decisions, especially when selecting for dry off periods.
- Culling the right cows. Shift the focus from the top cows to the bottom cows. This is where you can achieve the biggest changes.
- Improve selective joining of your herd. Join the most productive cows to the highest genetic gain bulls and the least productive to beef.
- Herd recording is the only way to gain comprehensive production information on individual cows.
- Managing Cell Count. Ability to keep your milk income in the premium payment brackets.
- Managing Mastitis
- Identifies potential health issues through change in milk volume from last herd test.
- Improving genetic gain of the herd through culling the low producers and choosing the replacements from higher producing dams.
- More valuable progeny as cows with known production history are more valuable in the marketplace.
- Milk Pregtest with up to 98% accuracy
- Ability to share herd recording information with farm consultants and service providers to assist with nutritional and veterinarian decisions
Increase the value of your herd
- Through herd recording you add real value to one of your most important assets, your herd
- Cows with known history and proven production ability are more valuable
“Herd Recording is the only way to gain comprehensive production information on individual cows”